Thursday, November 15, 2007

Team - "Miles 4 Smiles" - Running for a cause!

Hi All,

Please find some info on the initiative I am part of :) Being part of the Bits Athletic team in my final year on-campus- I've managed to sustain some interest in running. Inspite of the fact that cricket has always been my 1st love, I've been able to able to keep up with running thanks to a motivated bunch of enthusiatic runners in Chennai. (Chennai Runners)http://www.chennairunners.com/home/.

Credit again goes to this bunch for motivating me and helping me complete my 1st ever half marathon experience (incidentally was India's 1st Midnight marathon) in 2 hr 45min in May 19th 07. The upcoming event is going to be special for me as I am going to be supporting for a noble cause. I am presently part of the 'Team - Miles4Smiles' - a joint venture between Accenture, Infosys, Bank of America, and TCS raising funds to benefit CRY (Child Rights and You). I am running the Bangalore Ultra marathon http://www.bangalore-ultramarathon.com/ (26 km)in Dec '07 and looking forward to the Mumbai marathon in Jan '08. Close to 50 runners are represented between the four companies and we hope to contribute about five lakhs (5,00,000) in Indian rupees.

Would be really helpful if you can pitch in and support us for the cause!
You can contribute by online using the following link
http://www.cry.org/marathon/blr07/profile.asp?id=8


Donations to CRY in India are exempt from tax - 100% under section 35AC & 80GGA and 50% under section 80G of the Income Tax Act. Please indicate your preference online. If you are donating in the US, Cry America is a 501c3 exempt organization- all donations to CRY America are tax exempt. Please donate through the US gateway indicated on my personal web page.

Thanks in advance for your help and support,

Please let me know should you have any further queries/concerns/suggestions.

PS: I was to participate in the Bangalore marathon 07 http://www.coindia.com/ - which was rescheduled on multiple occasions, and hence not sure if the event would be well organized. Hence am gonna give my best for the Bangalore Ultra Marathon which is happening on the 16th December 07.

Regards,
Vignesh Raja

1 comment: